Master the Basics - X-Ray Technician Courses
To perform their job safely and effectively, radiographers may require to have an expertise in human anatomy, patient care, radiation safety, and radiographic techniques, as well as other subjects. X-ray technician courses at respected hospitals, colleges, and universities may provide essential training in these core areas.
Topics might be Covered in X-Ray Technician Courses?
- X-ray tech courses may provide instruction in patient care, radiographic equipment and techniques, radiation physics, and core sciences, including anatomy, physiology, radiobiology, and pathology.
- Patient positioning, examination procedures, radiation safety, medical ethics, and the use of advanced medical imaging devices and computers are also taught in x-ray tech courses.
- Students may expect both classroom lectures and hands-on clinical training with experienced radiologic technologists as part of their x-ray technician curriculum.
Are there Additional X-Ray Technician Courses to Take after Graduation?
- Enrolling in continuing education courses is a good idea in any technical field, increasing your skills and career options. The x-ray technician field is no exception.
- Continuing education may also necessary to maintain one's registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. ARRT certification may improve your x-ray technician career opportunities and earning power.
X-ray technician schools - your doorway to the technical workforce.
Featured X-Ray Technician Schools
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
Start a great career in healthcare with Medical Careers Institute.
Turn your talents into a career at nationally recognized and accredited Platt College.
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers.
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Cardiovascular Sonography - Associate
- Cardiovascular Sonography - Bachelor
Advance your career with American Institute - Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
At Fortis Institute, you may get the skills and training you need to prepare for a career.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
Please call on 844-252-4552 to talk to a respresentative.