Master the Basics - X-Ray Technician Courses
To perform their job safely and effectively, radiographers may require to have an expertise in human anatomy, patient care, radiation safety, and radiographic techniques, as well as other subjects. X-ray technician courses at respected hospitals, colleges, and universities may provide essential training in these core areas.
Topics might be Covered in X-Ray Technician Courses?
- X-ray tech courses may provide instruction in patient care, radiographic equipment and techniques, radiation physics, and core sciences, including anatomy, physiology, radiobiology, and pathology.
- Patient positioning, examination procedures, radiation safety, medical ethics, and the use of advanced medical imaging devices and computers are also taught in x-ray tech courses.
- Students may expect both classroom lectures and hands-on clinical training with experienced radiologic technologists as part of their x-ray technician curriculum.
Are there Additional X-Ray Technician Courses to Take after Graduation?
- Enrolling in continuing education courses is a good idea in any technical field, increasing your skills and career options. The x-ray technician field is no exception.
- Continuing education may also necessary to maintain one's registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. ARRT certification may improve your x-ray technician career opportunities and earning power.
X-ray technician schools - your doorway to the technical workforce.
Featured X-Ray Technician Schools
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
Take the first step toward a better future at South College-Asheville.
Pursue your education with American College for Medical Careers.
- Cardiovascular Sonography - Bachelor
- Cardiovascular Sonography - Associate
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals.
- Associate of Science in Radiation Therapy
- Associate of Science in Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Associate of Science in Radiologic Technology
The College of Health Care Professions is a great place for working adults to enhance their current careers, or help themselves find new career pathways to better lives. We also train high school graduates to enter in the exciting high demand Healthcare industry.
Get hands-on training with Remington College.
Prefer to speak with a Customer Service Rep? Call 855-264-3155 toll-free now!
Get your career started with an education from Spencerian College.